Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Half Moon Manicure

I have a passion for doing my nails and it's very rare I would be caught without my nails perfectly manicured. I got into nail art about a year ago and have taught myself to do a variety of different things. I'm no pro but I can do a decent job. The half moon manicure has been a popular trend I've been seeing around and I figured I would give it a go. It's a simple manicure anyone can do without the fancy nail art tools. Let hop right into it.


Here is everything I used to achieve this look:













- Reinforcements (I used these to create a perfect half moon shape on each nail)
- OPI Natural Nail Base Coat (This base coat keeps my nails from turning yellow)
- Any two nail polishes of your choice. Today I'm using Essie's Butter Please (my personal favourite) and Wet n Wild's Fast Dry Nail polish in Silvivor
- Beauty Secrets Hardener High Gloss Top Coat (This huge 73 ml top coat is from Sally's Beauty Supply)

Start off by shaping your nails to your liking. I prefer straight square nails.
















Next, I applied my topcoat.




















I started off with Wet n Wild's Silvivor and applied it about half way down my nails. I personally don't apply it to my whole nail because I find it to be a waste of time because it gets covered up anyways. If applying nail polish isn't exactly your forté, I suggest painting the whole nail to ensure you achieve a smooth design once you are done. Once I applied Silvivor, I let my nails dry completely. Then, I went ahead and cut the reinforcements in half for my fingers and used a whole reinforcement for my thumb. Ps. I also stuck the reinforcement on the back of my hand a few times to make sure it wasn't too sticky that it would pull the polish off my nails.
















Once I had all the reinforcements in place, I applied Butter Please.
















Once the polish dried, I removed the reinforcements.




















Voila! You're left with this beautiful design. To ensure my manicure lasts me all week long I added my Beauty Secrets top coat. I love this top coat for many reasons. It adds an amazing shine and mainly because it really strengthens my nails. I've noticed once I remove my nail polish that my nails stay strong and are less prone to breakage.


No comments:

Post a Comment