Saturday, June 22, 2013

Easy Cherry Cheesecake Recipe

I learned this super easy recipe from a friend and I've been obsessed with making it ever since. I'm not much of a baker so I was surprised when this turned out perfectly airy, light and fluffy.

Ingredients:











- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 6 tbsp sugar
- few drops of vanilla
- Pre-made graham cracker crust
- Cherry pie filling

I used a Kitchenaid standing mixer but a whisk would work just fine.

1. I started off by taking out the cream cheese a few hours before to bring it to room temperature. Don't skip out on this step because it ensures that you won't have any lumps of cream cheese when you're mixing.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Mix together the cream cheese, egg, sugar, sour cream and vanilla.

























4. Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust. It's that simple.























5. Cooking temperatures vary depending on your oven. Mine usually bakes for about 40-45 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the middle and make sure it comes out clean before you remove it from the oven. It's okay if it cracks a little and slightly browns. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it after it came out of the oven.
6. Let it cool completely. Add the cherry pie filling on top. You can of course switch this out for strawberry pie filling or fresh fruit!

I hope you guys try this out. It is a fool proof recipe and it's not even possible to mess it up. Give it a try. I guarantee you will love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment