Friday, July 19, 2013

Love It Or Leave It: Beautyblender

This one is definitely a love it! In the past, I could never get myself to purchase the beautyblender because here in Canada it retails for approximately $30. I'd constantly pick it up on my trips to Sephora and by the time I checked out I'd put it back because common who want to pay $30 for a sponge?! I had read reviews on "knock offs" of the beautyblender and have heard they don't live up to the beautyblender itself. I haven't ever used any other brand so I can't say that is true or false.

Soooooo...finally I gave in when my friend went on a trip to the US. They retail for only $21 and best part?! No tax! Much better! I have to say if I ever had the chance to try the beautyblender then I would 100% pay the $30 plus tax and purchase it in Canada any day.




















Physically...
It's a small sponge shaped like a very pointy egg. To use the beautyblender you have to soak it in water and squeeze the excess like a regular kitchen sponge. It will double in size! This is great because it makes it even fast to apply your foundation because it covers more surface area than a brush. It should not be dripping of water at this point but it should feel damp to the touch. I just squeeze a little bit of my foundation on the back of my hand and use the beautyblender to apply it on to my face. I've used the beautyblender with a tinted moisturizer and a full coverage foundation and they both looked phenomenal on my skin.

Foundation Brush vs. Beautyblender
With a brush you can apply too much foundation and look cakey. I had this issue which is the main reason why I would rarely wear liquid foundation. It was a little too much for me to just go to work or to wear everyday but powder foundation didn't really do much for me but I settled for it. With the beautyblender I am able to get an even coat of the foundation on my face. I've noticed it lasts a lot longer without my darker spots on my face peaking through a few hours into my day. My foundation feels light on my face even when I'm wearing my heavier, full coverage foundation like my MAC Studio Fix. The beautyblender is great on days where I'm in a rush because two layers of my foundation under my eyes can double up as a concealer.

I recommend the beautyblender to anyone who was skeptical like me. It is worth it and no, it's not just a sponge. Ironically enough, on the packaging it says "Modernize the Way you Make Up". It's very fitting for the product because it has changed the way I see foundation and now I can have natural looking flawless skin.

I hope you guys give this one a try. If you use the beautyblender let me know if you think it's worth the investment!








No comments:

Post a Comment